The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Crochet: A football themed pouch or carrying case

Monday's Musings: Football
Ok...this is not the Monday football that most people speak of..instead..it is football themed crochet. Not quite the contact sport that comes to mind when you imagine a football game, but to crocheters, it could be deemed every bit as much fun. No, we aren't in full football garb carrying or chasing a pig skin ball around. We are, however, crocheting a likeness of it.


It seems that I am almost always crocheting handmade items that either have pink in them or are made for little girls. The truth is, it isn't often that I get the opportunity to crochet something for boys. When I do, the change is a welcome one. I wanted to share with you a sports themed pouch or carrying case that I recently made for my very special nephew.

This particular pouch was made to match the colors of one of his favorite teams and was designed specifically to hold a large set of Harry Potter collector cards. As you can see in the picture, the cards fit inside rather nicely.

It would hold a number of other things as well. This pouch sports a football on the back, as you can see.  It could easily be made with other sports logos or symbols.
I crocheted a raised row on the opposite side so that I could stitch the name of my nephews favorite player. This was a a fun project to make.
I intend to soon feature this pouch in my Etsy store. I really hadn't intended to sell them, but
my nephew is so happy with his case that I thought that I would offer it to others
as a custom made item. This case could easily be made to fit a Leapster, Nintendo or other small hand-held items.


If you are interested in placing a custom order for a carrying case of some sort, you can find my contact information in the upper right hand column of this blog.
You can also contact me through Etsy.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails