The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday's Musings: Tips and Tricks: How to use a bar of soap for home fixes. Save money and time!


Did you ever wish there was a simpler way to do things?
I have offered some great tips to help you simplify things below. 

Do you love simple tips? Well, if you do, here is one for you.
Did you know that there are more uses for a bar of soap than just to wash your hands or body?


Here are a few tips for using a bar of soap in some unique ways:


Keep Your Hands Clean While Working with Dirty In Dirt or With Dirty Items.
If you are not always the greatest about wearing gloves before doing a messy job, just grab a dry bar of soap. Before working in the garden, digging in the ground or handling oily car parts, simply scratch a dry bar of soap before getting your hands dirty. 
The soap will accumulate under your nails helping you to avoid dirt or buildup under your nails. Clean up is a cinch since all you will have to do is wash your hands and the soap will soften and bubble up and dissolve away rendering your hands much easier to clean. Using a nail brush when washing your hands makes the job really easy.
Fix A Sluggish Zipper
Another great soap tip that has really been of help at our house is for how to make a sluggish zipper work well. Someone is always complaining at my house that their zipper won't work. What is a gal to do? Well, you can try what I do, grab either a dry bar of soap (Or a candle) and rug the zipper in the area that is sluggish. This works like magic most of the time.

Fix A Spot On Your Shoe with Soap
Did you ever have a shoe that was rubbing your foot in one area?


 In a pinch, I have rubbed the area with a dry bar of soap. When I was young and this happened, my mother rubbed the spot with a bar of saddle soap. I don't usually have saddle soap lying around my house, but a regular bar of soap seems to work just fine. You could try this before moving on to other techniques. It has helped me several times.


Keep Wood From Splintering:
Ever drive a nail into wood only to have the wood splinter?

This is a common problem with a very simple fix. Before hammering in your nail, rub the long part of the nail down with a dry bar of soap. Then hammer in as usual. It will keep your wood from splintering.
Using Soap As A Deodorizer:
My last tip for today is to put soap into a mesh bag or even wrapped in a piece of cheese cloth and place in an area that needs to be deodorized. We use them in shoes, drawers, gym bags and golf bags. It is an inexpensive deodorizer that works, in my opinion, every bit as good as more expensive placement deodorizers.


I hope you will find at least one tip I have shared here today helpful. I have a lot of fun finding unusual uses for items around the house. Maybe one of my tips will become one of your favorites.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails