The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

What do little boys love? Why T-Rex of course! T-Rex golf club cover








Recently, I completed a custom boutique crochet order that was perhaps among the most challenging handmade item I have ever made. I was asked for a T-Rex dinosaur golf club cover. I looked high and low but couldn't seem to find a pattern for what I needed....so, I turned to pictures.

I stitched and pulled out, stitched and pulled out...more times than I can count. This project, I soon discovered, was not going to be as easy as I had first thought. I lost count of how many times I pulled rounds and rounds of stitches out. I lost count of how many times I looked at  T-Rex pictures or fit the T-Rex on a golf club and of how many hours I logged in the making. I stitched as I went and didn't write down what I did.






Of great assistance was my husband, an avid golfer. He helped me to design how the head of the T-Rex should fit on the club to make him look best. My daughter helped me to make sure the T-Rex looked frightening enough.

That isn't so easy with only a crochet hook. I ended up with a T-Rex that I am quite proud of. My one of a kind finished item has some stuffed areas and some areas with special reinforcement pieces and lots of embroidery too. Finally, after more hours than I think I have actually put in to making any crochet item, "Rexy," or so we nick-named my dinosaur, was finished. I was most excited to send him off to meet his new owner, Michael, an avid golfer himself.  His mother reported to me that he and his brothers all liked Rexy. I couldn't have been more pleased to have another happy customer. If ever I get any pictures of Michael with Rexy, I will share them here (as long as his mother doesn't object). For now, I will share some of the pictures that I took of Rexy before he was mailed. (For the record, I could try and recreate an item similar to this T-Rex, but I could never recreate him exactly. He is definitely a one of a kind item!)






Thanks for visiting my blog today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails