The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Favorite Daughter's New "Scrapbook Room Rug"...made to match!

Today, I have something pretty to share. I am featuring a crocheted fabric rug made with very special "fibers" that I call the scrapbook rug.  I love how this rug turned out.  Nothing like a crocheted fabric rug in made to match colors to accessorize a bedroom.
So cute!
This scrapbook rug is extra special and constructed of reclaimed clothing items worn by a special little girl. Mama saved daughter's clothing and commissioned me to make her a rug made from the clothing. It is very time consuming but the end result is something to be treasured. What could be more special than to be reminded of all the cute outfits of days gone by in a more grown up way in ones decor? It is just like looking at happy reminders of years gone by, or rather like looking at a SCRAPBOOK. (Hence the name: Scrapbook rug.) This rug should last for many years to come. These rugs get rather heavy to work with but are soft, durable and pretty. This particular rug is not for sale but I do take custom orders. Also, very soon, I will have another rug and matching mat (made to match) that will be posted for sale in one of my stores..(ebay or etsy) ..well, unless someone comes along and snaps it up before I even get it posted for sale. That happens a lot. Anyway, they are nearly finished, so keep checking back to see the finished products.

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Hi,

My sister said you stopped by the thrift shop where she works. It's a small world, isn't it? Your blog is lovely, and your rugs and other things are just beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails