The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bun-Bun's New Duds (New custom clothing for a favorite stuffed animal)

Most kids have a favorite toy or stuffed animal. I know adults who have treasured their favorite toy throughout childhood and still have it today. What is it that makes a toy extra special or loved? I don't know the answer to that question. I wanted my daughter to love a dainty but soft little doll. I quickly learned it doesn't work that way. Children latch on to "the toy" that they will treasure on their own accord. Bun-Bun, the little white bunny in the pictures, was a gift to my daughter from her big brother shortly after her birth. Bun-Bun seemed to be a favorite because of the "feel" of her body. Even as a small infant, she would roll the fabric in her little hands. Bun-Bun was carried around the house, on all car trips and even on every vacation. If my daughter couldn't find her, she would call out for her as if she really believed that Bun-Bun could talk. That bunny has never made it far from her sight.
As you might imagine, after a while, Bun-Bun began to show some wear and tear. Several months ago, I put a bit of new stuffing in her and made her a new dress out of a pair of outgrown sweat pants. That worked for a time, but recently, even that dress needed to be replaced.
My daughter asked me to crochet Bun-Bun a new dress to look something like Disney's Princess Cinderella's ball gown. She also asked for a hat that Bun-Bun's ears would go through. Believe it or not, it is amazing how many custom orders one can get from their own children. I get paid for those with her smiling face, hugs and kisses. 

Without a pattern, this is what I came up with.
This is the view from the back and from the side.

My daughter is happy, I am happy, and if Bun-Bun could talk, I would imagine she would she would tell us that she is happy with her new duds too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails