The most affordable way to take a 5-star vacation (Click Below)

Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation
Click this logo to find out how to take a magical vacation
Click here to visit Bella Sera Boutique Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Celebration.....and A Contest!!



When most people think of Memorial Day, what comes to mind is probably patriotic music, speeches, picnics and lots of American flags. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died serving our country and for those who actively do so every day from both within our borders and across the world. I hope you had a chance to both celebrate and honor our veterans, both fallen and active, in some way. Our soldiers give the ultimate sacrifice for us and they deserve our complete support. They protect Americans and give aid to people around the world. I also think it is important to remember all those families who have lost their precious loved ones, the soldiers who died or were injured protecting our great nation. I am glad we celebrate Memorial Day, but I also believe we, as Americans, need to take time all year long to do what we can to support and aid our soldiers in their heroic efforts. Please remember to pray for their safety every day! Click HERE!

Here are a couple quotes that I really like. I think they are very befitting to share for this Memorial Day.

  "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.”  
Quote by: Billy Graham (American evangelist, b 1918)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
Quote by: Thucydides quotes (Ancient Greek historians and author, 460-404bc)

 Lots of people dress up to celebrate this patriotic day. We also see lots of people dressed up in red, white and blue on the 4th of July. Vendemia launch group is having a Red, White and Boutique launch on eBay and Etsy. Click Vendemia RWB  to see all Vendemia's red, white and boutique listings on Etsy. There are some beautiful items offered. You can see my Etsy patriotic listings HERE.

I wanted to share some "everyday bows" that would be a great accessory to match a patriotic outfit.
White bows match everything don't they?



I am pleased to display my winning ribbon from A Boutique Customs Mini Mall (BCMM) for my winning the trivia game for the month of May. It was a lot of fun and a lot of hard questions. I still can't believe I won! Thanks for the ribbon girls!


 
ANNOUNCING A CONTEST GIVEAWAY!!


Today begins a contest! Any customer who purchases ANYTHING from me, to include any item from my Ebay store, any item from my Etsy store or who places a custom order between June 1, 2010 and July 25th, 2010 will get their name entered into a drawing for a free gift from me. The item to be won will be a collection of  6 handmade crocheted flower's with attached leaves.  The flower will either be attached to a pin or pony-o or can be used just for applique. You can attach them to anything.
The winner will be determined by using the very scientific method of having my daughter draw a name from a large jar.  :-) I will announce the winner here on my blog and will mail the flower set to the winner. Each time a purchase is made during the contest time, your name will be added to the jar again. There is no limit to how many times one can enter. Good luck!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails